It’s time to step it up for this year’s Recycle Week!
In its 18th year, the annual event sees several brands, retailers, governments, waste management companies, and the media come together to achieve one main goal: recycle more things more often.
This year, we are expecting to see big brands such as Coca-Cola, Amazon, McDonald’s, Britvic, and Ocado stepping in to support Recycle Week 2021 and encourage people to practice better recycling habits.
As an environmentally conscious business ourselves, we are, of course, on board with this movement, and we really want to encourage you all to do the same.
In the past 19 months, a lot has happened that has been entirely out of our control. However, the climate crisis is something that we can control and should. With a few simple steps in the right direction, we could help make our planet happier and healthier.
Recycling cardboard and plastic packaging, as well as foil (but, of course, you could be using our Bumble wraps and bags instead!) and tins is easy. There are actually many other ways you can be hopping on the recycle train to do your bit.
Here are some of our tips on how to recycle more, more often! -
- Change to a reusable coffee cup - Instead of popping to Costa or Starbucks on the way to work in the morning with the risk of making yourself late, prepare a lovely hot brew at home and take it with you. This not only saves money but also saves on the use of paper or styrofoam.
- Using batteries- When disposing of batteries, make sure to recycle them instead of chucking them in the general waste bin. Even better, to avoid discarding at all, consider using rechargeable batteries. Did you know that it takes 1,000 regular batteries to meet the lifespan of a rechargeable battery?
- Recycle electronics - Electrical waste doesn’t have to be thrown in general waste or taken to the tip. It can be appropriately recycled like many other materials. Take it to your local recycling centre, where it will then be carried to a reprocessing plant and disposed of properly.
- Look for the recycle symbol on ANY product you buy- It’s not only the obvious stuff that can be recycled. It’s good to keep an eye out for the recycle symbol on everything you buy because if you can recycle it, you should.
- Finally… Stop buying cling film or foil and use our eco-friendly Bumble wraps and bags instead!- They’re snazzy-looking, keep food fresh and delicious, and help the environment.
Get yours now! We deliver UK wide and have free delivery on all UK mainland orders over £30.00.