At Bumble Wrap, we work hard everyday in our Yorkshire workshop to make beautiful beeswax products that provide you with an environmentally-conscious alternative to cling film and tin foil for daily use.
Day in and day out, we enjoy everything we do and have mastered our own unique way of crafting these practical wraps and bags, which makes us feel proud of what we do.
So, what actually goes into making beeswax wraps? Of course, some parts of the process are TOP SECRET 🤐 but here’s a step-by-step of how we spend our days at Bumble Wrap HQ…
- Firstly, we hand-cut our 100% cotton fabric into relevant sizes that we need.
- The wax mix is then applied to the fabric, we tend to brush it by hand.
- Next, we allow the wax to fully soak through the material.
- Once the wax has completely soaked through, we let the sheets of fabric air dry.
- After the fabric has dried, we then cut the strips down further into sizes that will fit your needs - from small ones to cover a bowl to the extra large for that gorgeous loaf of bread.
- Last but not least, we fold the wraps neatly by hand and package them up!
The wax process goes like this…
- We source local beeswax and othermain ingredients.
- Then we measure out the TOP SECRET weights of the other ingredients.
- After that, we melt them at optimum temperature ready for coating the fabric.
As well as being perfect for wrapping food to keep it fresher for longer, our beeswax wraps can be crafted to make keepsake gift boxes (perfect for Christmas), create covers for liquids, jams, and spreads, and to wrap cutlery, shampoo and soap bars, and flowers too. The options are endless!
Even better, our products are all breathable, washable, and reusable. They can actually last up to a year if looked after well and washed when mouldy, dirty, or starting to smell.
Get yours now! We offer free delivery on all UK mainland orders over £30.00.