Who doesn’t love a spot of festive baking at Christmas time? At Bumble Wrap, we feel it’s one of the best chances to get creative and have some fun in the countdown to Christmas. So, with that in mind, we’ve got a delicious festive cookie recipe for you to try.
This week we’ve made some tasty and super-easy festive star cookies and we just have to share the recipe with you. Credit goes to Recipe Tin Eats for these delicious vanilla biscuits; enjoy with a glass of milk or frothy coffee in front of a log burner and you’ll be feeling Christmassy in no time!
Although we’ve made all of ours in a festive star shape, feel free to use any cookie cutters you have to create even more seasonal designs.
225g softened unsalted butter
220g white caster sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
450g plain/all purpose flour
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
Icing sugar for decorating the cookies
- Ensure your oven is preheated to 180°C / 350°F (160°C fan) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the softened butter and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until the mixture turns creamy.
- Once creamy, add an egg and the vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder, and salt and start mixing slowly. Then beat until the flour is fully incorporated with the rest of the mixture. You are looking to achieve a clumpy looking texture.
- The next step is to dust your kitchen work surface with flour and scrape the dough out of the bowl. Pat the mixture together and then cut it into half, then shape into 2 discs.
- Roll it out to 0.3cm if you want thinner, crispier cookies or 0.6cm for cookies that are thicker and softer. Sprinkle more flour underneath to ensure the dough doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Use festive cookie cutters to press out your desired shapes and use a knife or spatula to transfer the shapes to the baking sheets you prepared earlier.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until the surface is looking pale golden and the edges are beginning to turn a light golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to completely cool on the trays before eating.
- Finally, enjoy! Remember that any leftover cookies can be wrapped or bagged up for later using our amazing eco-friendly and reusable Bumble Wrap bags and wraps.
Get your Bumble Wrap bags and wraps today. We offer free delivery on all UK mainland orders over £30.00.